Free Man and Van Move into Storage*
Book a minimum two month’s storage at any of our self-storage facilities within the M25 and we will provide a 3.5t Luton and driver to help move you into storage.
This is a convenient, cost free service to help new storage customers. Save on removal charges or renting a van.
Our Lutons are equipped with tie-down rails and straps, moving blankets and trolleys.
Service Days and Times
Monday – Saturday. Collection times from 08:00h – 15:00h.
For cost effective storage and FREE Man and Van please contact our team on 020 8877 9682 or email [email protected].
Storage in Richmond Upon Thames from Kiwi Movers
Get 24-hour, 7-day access to secure storage in Richmond Upon Thames, Surrey. Whether you’re renovating, relocating or just need to keep some stuff safe for a short period of time, our Richmond storage unit offers flexibility, security and peace of mind at an affordable price. You can read more about our service on our Which? Trusted Trader profile or on google.
Come and go as you please, every unit is alarmed and protected by CCTV.
To discuss your storage requirements, please call one of our project managers today on 020 8877 9682.
Self Storage in Richmond Upon Thames
Self storage can be a cheaper alternative to long-term containerised storage. It’s ideal if you’re looking for a temporary solution, for example, you’re between flats or you’re decorating. Our Richmond Upon Thames self storage unit, on the outskirts of London, has no minimum stay and discounts for longer term storage.
Long term storage in Richmond Upon Thames
If you’re looking to store some stuff for the long term, bulk, containerised storage is likely a more cost-effective option. You get the same flexibility as you do with self-storage, but on a larger scale.
What you get with Kiwi Movers long term and self storage in Richmond
- 2,000+ units in a range of different sizes.
- Conveniently located facility in Richmond Upon Thames, convenient for West London, Surrey and Middlesex
- 24/7 Access.
- Each unit individually alarmed with CCTV protection.
- Modern, clean and dry storage facilities.
- No minimum stay.
- Long term stay discounts.
- Containers and warehousing available.
- ‘Mini Storage’ or Left Luggage – short term storage by the item, daily and weekly.
Tips for using self storage and long-term containerised storage in Richmond Upon Thames
- Richmond Upon Thames is not inside the London Congestion Zone, so you can drive to your storage unit without having to pay the Congestion Charge.
- Make an inventory. Your stuff is protected and secure while in storage, but it’s always smart to keep a record of what you’ve put in. This way, you avoid wasted time looking for things you could have sworn you had, but that you’d actually put into storage. If you’re feeling really organised, measure everything up BEFORE you put it in storage. That way, if you want to move your stuff into a new property, you’ll be able to measure up without needing access to your storage unit.
- Take photographs. Keeping a photo record is super handy if you need to move anything. Think of it as a cheat’s way of taking measurements if time is tight.
- Pack smart. Over-packing adds weight and bulk to your items, making them harder to move and potentially more costly to store. But under-packing before putting stuff into storage increases the risk of damage. Use high quality packing material and wrap fragile items individually.
- Why store two half-full tins of the same paint when you can keep it one container? The same goes for other substances and items that you can transfer to a common container. Storing suitcases? Make sure you fill them with something. Don’t pay to store fresh air.
- No perishables. It’s common sense that you wouldn’t put food in a storage unit, but what about toiletries? Paints, fragrances and some gardening products are perishable too. If you’ve got spare gardening products for example, considering donating to one of the borough of Richmond’s 125 allotment spots.
- Do a cost analysis. Some things are just cheaper to replace than to store. We’re not saying ignore your environmental concerns and be wasteful, but if you’ve got a box full of gym clothes knocking about, why not donate them to charity and replace them with new ones with the money you’ll save not storing them?
- Richmond upon Thames has plenty of charity shops that’d be grateful to take things off of your hands.
- Oxfam is at 6, The Quadrant in the centre of Richmond
- Cancer Research is located at 1 Hill Street, Richmond
- The Octavia Foundation is at 435 Upper Richmond Road. They accept clothes, books and homewares.
Kiwi Movers also offer
- Packing and unpacking service.
- Packing materials and crates.
- Furniture delivery.
- International shipping.
- Dismantling and assembly.
- Left Luggage – Going on holiday or between flats, leave your suitcases, bikes or boxes with us.
*INFORMATION ABOUT THE FREE MOVING TO STORAGE SERVICE
Booking your collection
As this is a popular service a £20 deposit will be taken at the time of booking. No shows or cancellations within one working day will forfeit the £20 deposit. Further use of our Man and Van service may incur a re-booking fee.
To book this free service your storage unit must be paid in advance and provided all required documentation.
Collection and loading*
From the time of arrival you will have 2 hours to load your Luton van. For that reason we ask that you pre-arrange parking and have everything ready to go. Our driver will remain in the back of the truck to assist with securing the load, but due to insurance restrictions they are unable to assist with moving the goods from the collection address to the van.
Due to time constraints loading will be charged at the hourly rate after the 2 hour allocated period.
*We reserve the right to conduct several collections with the one van prior to offloading.
Transit to Storage
Due to insurance reasons we are unfortunately unable to carry passengers in our vans.
Unloading at Storage
The storer is responsible for unloading the contents into their storage unit. If you wish to use the driver to help you unload this will be chargeable at the hourly rate. (some exceptions may apply with free unloading as agreed by Kiwi Movers)
Legal Ownership and Dangerous and Lawful Possessions
The Storer agrees to load the truck only with lawful possessions to which the store has legal title ownership and/or possession. The Storer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Kiwi Movers Ltd, its agents and employees from any loss, legal fees, damage, judgement cost or expense arising out of, or concerning the storer’s use or possession of the truck.
The Storer agrees that they will not load the truck with items prohibited under the terms of the storage agreement.
Kiwi Movers Ltd, its agents and employees shall not be liable to the Storer for any damage to, loss or theft of the Storer’s possessions prior to, during, or after the course of the move. We require all storage clients to have insurance for their goods whilst in storage with Kiwi Movers either arranged through us or through your existing household policy.
***Please note that this free service offer does not apply to any move out of storage***