Free Man and Van Move into Storage*
Book a minimum two month’s storage at any of our self-storage facilities within the M25 and we will provide a 3.5t Luton and driver to help move you into storage.
This is a convenient, cost free service to help new storage customers. Save on removal charges or renting a van.
Our Lutons are equipped with tie-down rails and straps, moving blankets and trolleys.
Service Days and Times
Monday – Saturday. Collection times from 08:00h – 15:00h.
For cost effective storage and FREE Man and Van please contact our team on 020 8877 9682 or email [email protected].
Storage in Kingston from Kiwi Movers
Access your secure Kingston storage unit any time. Our units are available 24/7, 7 days a week. All are modern, clean and protected by CCTV.
Get a discount for a longer stay or take advantage of flexible short term storage solutions.
Whether you’re between properties, going travelling or need to make some space for renovations, our Kingston storage units offer flexibility and peace of mind at a competitive price.
As well as flexibility and security, choosing Kiwi Movers means you’ll get a great service backed by an expert team.
To discuss your storage requirements, please call one of our project managers today on 020 8877 9682.
Self Storage in Kingston
As well as being convenient and flexible, self-storage often works out cheaper than bulk containerised storage over the short term. Our Kingston storage unit has no minimum stay, just pay for what you use.
Long term storage in Kingston
For storing over the longer term, our containerised storage is likely to be more cost-effective as we offer discounted rates for longer stays.
Both short term self-storage and long term containerised storage offer the same flexibility and access. If you’re looking to store some stuff for the long term, bulk, containerised storage is likely a more cost-effective option. You get the same flexibility as you do with self-storage, but on a larger scale.
What you get with Kiwi Movers long term and self storage in Kingston
- Extensive range of unit sizes, all secure and protected by CCTV
- Conveniently located facility in Kingston Upon Thames, ideal for West London, Surrey and Middlesex
- Access any time, any day of the year
- Your unit is individually alarmed
- Clean, dry and modern units
- No minimum stay
- Discounts for long term bookings
- Warehousing, containers and archiving available
- Kiwi Movers ‘mini storage’ service. Store smaller stuff by the item, for a day or a week.
- Left luggage – let us watch your stuff over the short term.
Tips for using self storage and long-term containerised storage in Kingston Upon Thames
- Kingston Upon Thames is not inside the London Congestion Zone. You can make unlimited trips by car or van to your storage unit without paying the London Congestion Charge.
- Keep a list of the stuff you put into storage. All of your items are safe while in storage, but keeping a list certainly cuts out a lot of hassle and means you don’t have to turn your home upside down looking for something only to find out later that you put it in storage. If you’re feeling really organised, you could measure up your larger items before storing them. This means you can make smarter decisions about removals and it’ll even help if you come to view other properties.
- Take pictures. Think of this as a cheat’s way of measuring up. A photo archive of all your stuff is handy if you need to pick out other items for a new property too. It’s easy to forget how big things are and what they look like once you’ve put them safely in storage.
- Be pragmatic with your packing. Over-packing will make your stuff heavier and bulkier than is necessary. While under-packing increases the risk of breakages in transit. Use good quality packing material and wrap breakables individually.
- Consolidate your stuff where possible. The golden rule here is not to pay for storing fresh air. If you’ve got cases or trunks to store, fill them up.
- Don’t store perishables. Obviously food isn’t to be stored as this could result in a nasty pong when you come to retrieve your goods. But paints, fragrances and some gardening products are also perishable. If you’ve got fertilizer or plant food you won’t need for a while, why not consider donating it to one of the 22 allotment sites and 1,200 allotment plots in the borough of Kingston Upon Thames – we’re pretty sure someone will be grateful of the assistance.
- Do some basic cost calculations. Sometimes it’s just cheaper to get rid of stuff and replace it later than it is to store it. We’re not advocating wastefulness, but if you’ve got old gym equipment, duplicate books or winter clothes you won’t wear for a long time, why not donate them to charity now and replace them later?
- There are a number of charity shops in Kingston Upon Thames that would be grateful of your support.
- Oxfam is at 16 Castle Street, Kingston Upon Thames.
- Cancer Research is located at 36 Eden Street, Kingston Upon Thames
- The Princess Alice Hospice is located at 62 Fife Road, Kingston
Kiwi Movers also offer
- Packing and unpacking service.
- Packing materials and crates.
- Furniture delivery.
- International shipping.
- Dismantling and assembly.
- Left Luggage – Going on holiday or between flats, leave your suitcases, bikes or boxes with us.
*INFORMATION ABOUT THE FREE MOVING TO STORAGE SERVICE
Booking your collection
As this is a popular service a £20 deposit will be taken at the time of booking. No shows or cancellations within one working day will forfeit the £20 deposit. Further use of our Man and Van service may incur a re-booking fee.
To book this free service your storage unit must be paid in advance and provided all required documentation.
Collection and loading*
From the time of arrival you will have 2 hours to load your Luton van. For that reason we ask that you pre-arrange parking and have everything ready to go. Our driver will remain in the back of the truck to assist with securing the load, but due to insurance restrictions they are unable to assist with moving the goods from the collection address to the van.
Due to time constraints loading will be charged at the hourly rate after the 2 hour allocated period.
*We reserve the right to conduct several collections with the one van prior to offloading.
Transit to Storage
Due to insurance reasons we are unfortunately unable to carry passengers in our vans.
Unloading at Storage
The storer is responsible for unloading the contents into their storage unit. If you wish to use the driver to help you unload this will be chargeable at the hourly rate. (some exceptions may apply with free unloading as agreed by Kiwi Movers)
Legal Ownership and Dangerous and Lawful Possessions
The Storer agrees to load the truck only with lawful possessions to which the store has legal title ownership and/or possession. The Storer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Kiwi Movers Ltd, its agents and employees from any loss, legal fees, damage, judgement cost or expense arising out of, or concerning the storer’s use or possession of the truck.
The Storer agrees that they will not load the truck with items prohibited under the terms of the storage agreement.
Kiwi Movers Ltd, its agents and employees shall not be liable to the Storer for any damage to, loss or theft of the Storer’s possessions prior to, during, or after the course of the move. We require all storage clients to have insurance for their goods whilst in storage with Kiwi Movers either arranged through us or through your existing household policy.
***Please note that this free service offer does not apply to any move out of storage***