Excess baggage to New Zealand
As you might have guessed from our name, we know a thing or two about New Zealand here at Kiwi Movers. Although we’ve called London home for over a decade, we hail from the Land of the Long White Cloud and most of our team are proud Kiwis themselves.
Having made the journey back-and-forth numerous times ourselves, we understand how inconvenient it can be to haul excess luggage to New Zealand using a commercial airline. For starters, packing everything you need while staying within your airline’s rigid baggage allowance presents a challenge. Then you have to worry about lugging these extra bags around with you through the airport, which is the last thing you want during a long and potentially tiring journey.
If you do find yourself over your airline’s weight limit at the airport, you’re faced with two unwanted options: abandon some of your belongings or cough up for those sky-high excess baggage fees. If you’re flying from London to New Zealand, you could be charged over £100 just to check in an additional bag.
With Kiwi Movers’ excess baggage service, you can save yourself a boat-load of money (up to 70%, in fact) compared to using a commercial airline. We use a trusted network of fortnightly sea freight services that ship your item(s) in 10 to 12 weeks for a low price. If you’re in a hurry and need to speed up the delivery process, we also offer a competitively-priced air freight service that takes 7 to 10 days.
Safe, secure, stress-free
You don’t need to worry about having to make a trip to the delivery office or deal with port workers; our door-to-door service handles the legwork for you. We’ll collect your package from your house, offering you flexible time slots that suit your schedule. From there, we’ll make sure it arrives at your destination on time and in one piece. Whether you’re shipping to Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Hamilton or Tauranga, you can count on our dedicated office and fully-trained team to handle your inbound shipment.
For extra peace of mind, our tracking service allows you to follow your package on its journey and check when it’s due to arrive. We also promise you a money back guarantee along with no hidden costs, meaning the price you’re quoted is the price you pay.
What can we ship?
Our excess baggage service is ideal for large, bulky items that are too heavy or difficult to carry at the airport or will take you over your airline’s baggage allowance. Here are some of the items we can ship to New Zealand:
- Sports equipment (golf clubs, cricket equipment, canoes, surfboards etc)
- Musical instruments.
- Exhibition materials.
- Bags and suitcases.
- Small items.
- And more… just get in touch to discuss what excess baggage you’d like to ship to New Zealand.
Who is it for?
Despite it being one of the most popular (and beautiful) tourist destinations in the world, New Zealand’s geographical remoteness doesn’t make it an easy place to get to. However, our excess baggage service is a simple and safe solution for all types of clients.
- Planning a holiday and need to send extra luggage or large items to your accommodation ahead of time.
- Moving to New Zealand (lucky you!) and need to move your entire life, including vehicles, furniture and gardening tools.
- Sending a gift or a care package to a loved one.
Where in New Zealand do we ship to?
- Palmerston North
- New Plymouth
How does it work?
Our excess baggage is simple, straightforward and stress-free.
- Get a free quote. You can use our excess baggage quote calculator below to give you an idea of the price.
- Get packing. We can offer you high-quality, durable packing materials to keep your package protected… or you can let one of our experienced, fully-trained professionals take care of the packing for you.
- Complete the necessary paperwork, including a customs inventory, a scanned copy of your passport and a marine transit proposal form, if you’re shipping by sea. Don’t worry, we’ll send you all the documents you need to fill out.
- Arrange a collection time. Our door-to-door service offers you flexible time slots to suit your schedule.
- Sit back and wait for your shipment to arrive at its destination safely, securely and on schedule.
The benefits of our excess baggage service
As Kiwis, we don’t usually enjoy tooting our own horns. But if you’re looking to ship to New Zealand, there are many good reasons to choose Kiwi Movers’ excess baggage service.
- Cost-effective — By using our sea freight service, you can save up to 70% on the cost of shipping to New Zealand compared to using a commercial airline.
- Efficient — Choose our air freight service and your item(s) will arrive in New Zealand in just 7 to 10 days.
- Hassle-free — Our door-to-door service handles the legwork for you from start to finish. If you need sturdy packing materials, we can supply those… or you can let one of our professionals take care of the packing for you.
- Peace of mind — A tracking service that lets you follow your shipment every step of the way? Check. A money back guarantee in case anything goes wrong? Check. No hidden costs? Check.
- Insurance — We can offer you a wide range of quality insurance options at competitive prices, provided by our network of specialist, experienced and trusted insurance companies.
- No weight or size limit — Unlike commercial airlines who impose strict weight restrictions and hefty excess baggage fees, we can ship any item of any size and any weight.
- Experience — Here at Kiwi Movers, we’ve been moving stuff and keeping it safe for well over a decade. Our team boasts a wealth of experience and expertise in a variety of industries, including project management and engineering, which means we’re a smart, creative and problem-solving bunch. Coupled with our traditionally Kiwi “Number 8 wire” attitude, we pride on providing a quality, reliable and affordable service to all of our clients.
Other countries we ship to
We don’t just ship to New Zealand. Our excess baggage service delivers to more countries around the world, including:
- South Africa.
- Canada (East and West Coasts).
- USA (East and West Coasts).
- United Arab Emirates.
Kiwi Movers also offer
- Home removals.
- Container storage.
- House clearance.
- Furniture delivery.
- End-of-tenancy cleaning.
- International shipping.
- Labour hire.
Excess baggage quote calculator (New Zealand)
Please choose your city or the nearest town or city to your final destination.
*Final rates may differ for destinations outside these centres. Based on collection from ground floor property, within London M25 zone only, during weekdays Mon to Friday 8am to 3pm assuming max 30kgs per box or bag for a one man lift. Any furniture or items above 71cbft may incur additional costs.
OUR QUOTE INCLUDES: Collecting & delivering to our export warehouse/depot within the M25, shipment by groupage container service to arrival destination port, including destination port service/terminal handling charges, customs and quarantine clearance (but excluding any incidental fees), and one delivery to normal mainland residence (assuming good access and not above first floor level) or store, complete unpacking of furniture items only, boxes unpacked to flat service, positioning of furniture and removal of discarded materials on delivery day.
OUR QUOTE EXCLUDES: Storage at origin or destination, professional services by tradesmen, assembly of modular furniture, delivery to difficult access or above 1st floor level, delivery of pianos, safes and other large items requiring heavy lifting equipment. Also excluded are import duties, taxes or any sums due to government departments, such as quarantine inspection fees or customs examination fees if incurred, fumigation or steam cleaning if ordered.
INSURANCE: Insurance available (min £500 cover = £19.60 inc 12% IPT or = £39.20 for £1k cover). Our insurance is provided by Lonham Marine Insurance and is only valid once we receive a completed marine transit proposal form and final payment is made. Upon which you will be issued a cover note.