Excess baggage to Australia
If you’ve ever flown to Australia before, you’ll know how unreasonable it can be to transport your belongings using a commercial airline. Not only is it a challenge to pack for such a long-distance trip while staying within your airline’s strict baggage allowance, but carrying all that luggage around the airport is exhausting — even our strapping removals team will admit to that!
If you do find yourself over your airline’s weight limit at the airport, you’re faced with two undesirable options: say goodbye to some of your belongings or face a hefty fee. Some flights from Europe to Australia charge up to £60 per extra kilogram!
With our excess baggage service, you can avoid the headaches, heartbreaks and high costs. Our competitive prices mean you can save up to 70% on the cost of shipping to Australia compared to using a commercial airline. We use a trusted network of fortnightly sea freight services that deliver in 10 to 12 weeks. Or, if you’re looking for a faster turnaround time, we offer an air freight service that delivers in just 7 to 10 days at a cost-effective rate.
The shipping service you can trust
Our door-to-door service means we handle the process from start to finish, taking the hassle away from you and saving you a trip to the delivery office. We offer flexible collection times to pick up your package and we’ll make sure it arrives at your chosen destination safely, securely and on schedule. Whether you’re delivering to Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide or Brisbane, you’ll get a dedicated office and trained team to handle your inbound shipment.
For added peace of mind, we offer a tracking service that allows you to follow your package every step of the way and see when it’s due to arrive. We also promise you a money back guarantee and there are absolutely no hidden costs, meaning the price you’re quoted is the price you pay.
What can we ship?
Our excess baggage service is ideal for large, bulky items that are too heavy or awkward to carry through the airport or will push you over your airline’s baggage allowance. Here are some of the items we can ship to Australia:
- Sports equipment (golf clubs, cricket equipment, surfboards etc).
- Musical instruments.
- Exhibition materials.
- Bags and suitcases.
- Small items.
- And more… just give us a call to discuss what excess baggage you’d like to ship to Australia.
Who is it for?
Australia is one of the world’s most popular destinations for tourists and expats alike. However, it isn’t the easiest place to reach, no matter where you’re travelling from. Which is why our excess baggage service to Australia is very handy for all types of clients.
- Going on holiday and need to ship extra luggage or large items to your accommodation ahead of time.
- Permanently relocating to Australia (lucky you!) and need to move your entire life, including furniture, vehicles and gardening equipment.
- An International student who has items you just can’t live without.
- Sending a care package to a loved one.
Where in Australia do we ship to?
- Gold Coast
- Port Augusta
- Alice Springs
How does it work?
- Our excess baggage is simple, straightforward and stress-free.
- Get a free quote. You can use our excess baggage quote calculator below to give you an idea of the price.
- Get packing. We can offer you high-quality, durable packing materials to keep your shipment safe and secure… or you can let one of our experienced, fully-trained professionals handle the packing for you.
- Complete the necessary paperwork, including a customs inventory, a scanned copy of your passport and a marine transit proposal form, if you’re shipping by sea. Don’t worry, we’ll send you all the documents you need to fill out.
- Arrange a collection time. We offer flexible options to suit your schedule. Our door-to-door service handles the legwork for you.
- Sit back and wait for your shipment to arrive at its destination safely, securely and on schedule.
The benefits of our excess baggage service
If you’re looking to ship to Australia, there are many good reasons to choose Kiwi Movers’ excess baggage service… if we do say so ourselves.
- Cost-effective — Using our trusted sea freight service means you can save up to 70% on the cost of shipping to Australia compared to using a commercial airline.
- Efficient — With our air freight service, your delivery will arrive in just 7 to 10 days.
- Hassle-free — Our door-to-door service handles the legwork for you and saves you a trip to the delivery office. We can also offer you packing materials or do the packing for you.
- Peace of mind — Thanks to our tracking service, money back guarantee and promise of no hidden costs, you can sit back and rest assured that your shipment will arrive on time and in one piece. Or, if any unforeseen issues do arise, you won’t be out of pocket.
- Insurance — We offer a comprehensive range of insurance options at competitive prices, provided by our network of specialist, experienced and trusted insurance partners.
- No weight or size limit — Unlike commercial airlines who impose strict restrictions and hefty charges, we can ship any item of any size and any weight.
- Experience — Since our humble beginnings in 2007, Kiwi Movers have specialised in moving stuff and keeping it safe. Our diverse team boasts a unique skill set, drawing from a vast array of backgrounds and industries including engineering and project management. Coupled with our positive attitude and problem-solving mentality, we pride ourselves on providing an excellent, efficient and cost-effective service to each and every one of our clients.
Other countries we ship to
We don’t just ship to Australia. Our excess baggage service delivers to many more countries around the world, including:
- New Zealand.
- South Africa.
- Canada (East and West Coasts).
- USA (East and West Coasts).
- United Arab Emirates.
Kiwi Movers also offer
- Packing and unpacking.
- Car shipping.
- Money transfers.
- Rubbish removal.
Excess baggage quote calculator (Australia)
Please choose your city or the nearest town or city to your final destination.
*Final rates may differ for destinations outside these centres. Based on collection from ground floor property, within London M25 zone only, during weekdays Mon to Friday 8am to 3pm assuming max 30kgs per box or bag for a one man lift. Any furniture or items above 71cbft may incur additional costs.
OUR QUOTE INCLUDES: Collecting & delivering to our export warehouse/depot within the M25, shipment by groupage container service to arrival destination port, including destination port service/terminal handling charges, customs and quarantine clearance (but excluding any incidental fees), and one delivery to normal mainland residence (assuming good access and not above first floor level) or store, complete unpacking of furniture items only, boxes unpacked to flat service, positioning of furniture and removal of discarded materials on delivery day.
OUR QUOTE EXCLUDES: Storage at origin or destination, professional services by tradesmen, assembly of modular furniture, delivery to difficult access or above 1st floor level, delivery of pianos, safes and other large items requiring heavy lifting equipment. Also excluded are import duties, taxes or any sums due to government departments, such as quarantine inspection fees or customs examination fees if incurred, fumigation or steam cleaning if ordered.
INSURANCE: Insurance available (min £500 cover = £19.60 inc 12% IPT or = £39.20 for £1k cover). Our insurance is provided by Lonham Marine Insurance and is only valid once we receive a completed marine transit proposal form and final payment is made. Upon which you will be issued a cover note.