Excess baggage quote calculator (Australia)
Please choose your city or the nearest town or city to your final destination.
Would you like insurance? (includes IPT)
*Final rates may differ for destinations outside these centres. Based on collection from ground floor property, within London M25 zone only, during weekdays Mon to Friday 8am to 3pm assuming max 30kgs per box or bag for a one man lift. Any furniture or items above 71cbft may incur additional costs.
OUR QUOTE INCLUDES: Collecting & delivering to our export warehouse/depot within the M25, shipment by groupage container service to arrival destination port, including destination port service/terminal handling charges and one delivery to normal mainland residence (assuming good access and not above first floor level) or store, complete unpacking of furniture items only, boxes unpacked to flat service, positioning of furniture and removal of discarded materials on delivery day.
OUR QUOTE EXCLUDES: Import duties, taxes or any sums due to government departments, such as quarantine inspection fees or customs examination fees and additional customs fees or destination country agents fees if incurred, fumigation or steam cleaning if ordered. Also excluded are packing materials, storage at origin or destination, professional services by tradesmen, assembly of modular furniture, delivery to difficult access or above 1st floor level, delivery of pianos, safes and other large items requiring heavy lifting equipment.
INSURANCE: Insurance available (min £1k cover = £39.20 inc 12% IPT or = £78.40 for £2k cover). Our insurance is provided by Lonham Marine Insurance and is only valid once we receive a completed marine transit proposal form and final payment is made. Upon which you will be issued a cover note.
Excess baggage to Australia
If you’ve ever flown to Australia before, you’ll know how unreasonable it can be to transport your belongings using a commercial airline. Not only is it a challenge to pack for such a long-distance trip while staying within your airline’s strict baggage allowance, but carrying all that luggage around the airport is exhausting — even our strapping removals team will admit to that!
If you do find yourself over your airline’s weight limit at the airport, you’re faced with two undesirable options: say goodbye to some of your belongings or face a hefty fee. Some flights from Europe to Australia charge up to £60 per extra kilogram!
With our excess baggage service, you can avoid the headaches, heartbreaks and high costs. Our competitive prices mean you can save up to 70% on the cost of shipping to Australia compared to using a commercial airline. We use a trusted network of fortnightly sea freight services that deliver in 10 to 12 weeks. Or, if you’re looking for a faster turnaround time, we offer an air freight service that delivers in just 7 to 10 days at a cost-effective rate.
Avoid your airlines’ hefty excess baggage fees
It’s easy to find yourself overpacking when planning a trip, especially to a faraway country like Australia. You lay out all your clothes, toiletries, accessories, devices, electronic equipment, and little things to keep you going… only to realise there’s no way all of this is fitting inside one suitcase!
It’s even easier to find yourself overpacking on the way back home when you’ve accumulated extra stuff on your travels, whether it be nice new clothes, ornaments or mementos.
What to do with this excess baggage, you ask? Well, you could lug it along with you to the airport, but when checking in your luggage, you’ll inevitably run into a dilemma. That’s because airlines impose strict limits on passenger luggage — in terms of weight, size and the number of checked bags you can take with you on a plane.
If your luggage exceeds these limits, you will face excess baggage fees which, depending on your airline and flight route, can be quite expensive. Some airlines charge over £60 per excess bag while others charge as much as £25 per additional kilogram!
These fees are imposed to ensure a smooth, safe and fuel-efficient flight. However, excess baggage fees can still feel like a punishment that doesn’t fit the crime. If you don’t want to cough up for these hefty charges, then you may be forced to abandon some of your precious belongings at the airport, which nobody wants to do!
However, there is another solution.
An affordable excess baggage alternative
If you’re looking to send luggage to Australia without breaking the bank, look no further than Kiwi Movers’ excess baggage service.
Our excess baggage service is affordable and cost-effective. We offer competitive prices on our sea and air freight services, allowing you to save up to 70% on the cost of shipping to Australia compared to using a commercial airline. Simply use our handy excess baggage quote calculator below to get an estimate of the price.
With Kiwi Movers, you don’t have to worry about being restricted to weight or size limits like you do with airlines. You can transport luggage of any size, weight or shape, making it an especially useful option for larger and bulkier items like bikes, sports equipment, musical instruments or furniture.
In addition to being affordable and flexible, our excess baggage service is safe and secure. You can rest assured that your items will be handled with care and respect from pick-up through to drop-off while being looked after during transit. We can even provide you with durable, high-quality boxes and packing materials just to be doubly sure that your precious belongings remain protected.
Last but certainly not least, our excess baggage service is fast and efficient. Our air freight service delivers to Australia in just 7 to 10 days. If you want a cheaper option and don’t mind waiting a little longer, our sea freight service will get your stuff to its destination in 10 to 12 weeks.
Whichever option you choose, your delivery is fully project-managed, meaning we’ll make sure your stuff arrives at a convenient time that coincides with your trip.
The shipping service you can trust
Our door-to-door service means we handle the process from start to finish, taking the hassle away from you and saving you a trip to the delivery office. We offer flexible collection times to pick up your package and we’ll make sure it arrives at your chosen destination safely, securely and on schedule. Whether you’re delivering to Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide or Brisbane, you’ll get a dedicated office and trained team to handle your inbound shipment.
For added peace of mind, we offer a tracking service that allows you to follow your package every step of the way and see when it’s due to arrive. We also promise you a money back guarantee and there are absolutely no hidden costs, meaning the price you’re quoted is the price you pay.
What can we ship?
Our excess baggage service is ideal for large, bulky items that are too heavy or awkward to carry through the airport or will push you over your airline’s baggage allowance. Here are some of the items we can ship to Australia:
- Sports equipment (golf clubs, cricket equipment, surfboards etc).
- Musical instruments.
- Exhibition materials.
- Bags and suitcases.
- Small items.
- And more… just give us a call to discuss what excess baggage you’d like to ship to Australia.
Who is it for?
Australia is one of the world’s most popular destinations for tourists and expats alike. However, it isn’t the easiest place to reach, no matter where you’re travelling from. Which is why our excess baggage service to Australia is very handy for all types of clients.
- Going on holiday and need to ship extra luggage or large items to your accommodation ahead of time.
- Permanently relocating to Australia (lucky you!) and need to move your entire life, including furniture, vehicles and gardening equipment.
- An International student who has items you just can’t live without.
- Sending a care package to a loved one.
Where in Australia do we ship to?
- Gold Coast
- Port Augusta
- Alice Springs
How does it work?
- Our excess baggage is simple, straightforward and stress-free.
- Get a free quote. You can use our excess baggage quote calculator below to give you an idea of the price.
- Get packing. We can offer you high-quality, durable packing materials to keep your shipment safe and secure… or you can let one of our experienced, fully-trained professionals handle the packing for you.
- Complete the necessary paperwork, including a customs inventory, a scanned copy of your passport and a marine transit proposal form, if you’re shipping by sea. Don’t worry, we’ll send you all the documents you need to fill out.
- Arrange a collection time. We offer flexible options to suit your schedule. Our door-to-door service handles the legwork for you.
- Sit back and wait for your shipment to arrive at its destination safely, securely and on schedule.
The benefits of our excess baggage service
If you’re looking to ship to Australia, there are many good reasons to choose Kiwi Movers’ excess baggage service… if we do say so ourselves.
- Cost-effective — Using our trusted sea freight service means you can save up to 70% on the cost of shipping to Australia compared to using a commercial airline.
- Efficient — With our air freight service, your delivery will arrive in just 7 to 10 days.
- Hassle-free — Our door-to-door service handles the legwork for you and saves you a trip to the delivery office. We can also offer you packing materials or do the packing for you.
- Peace of mind — Thanks to our tracking service, money back guarantee and promise of no hidden costs, you can sit back and rest assured that your shipment will arrive on time and in one piece. Or, if any unforeseen issues do arise, you won’t be out of pocket.
- Insurance — We offer a comprehensive range of insurance options at competitive prices, provided by our network of specialist, experienced and trusted insurance partners.
- No weight or size limit — Unlike commercial airlines who impose strict restrictions and hefty charges, we can ship any item of any size and any weight.
- Experience — Since our humble beginnings in 2007, Kiwi Movers have specialised in moving stuff and keeping it safe. Our diverse team boasts a unique skill set, drawing from a vast array of backgrounds and industries including engineering and project management. Coupled with our positive attitude and problem-solving mentality, we pride ourselves on providing an excellent, efficient and cost-effective service to each and every one of our clients.
Other countries we ship to
We don’t just ship to Australia. Our excess baggage service delivers to many more countries around the world, including:
- New Zealand.
- South Africa.
- Canada (East and West Coasts).
- USA (East and West Coasts).
- United Arab Emirates.
Why choose Kiwi Movers?
Although we offer many different services at Kiwi Movers — from removals and storage to cleaning and labour hire — we take pride in offering an excess baggage service that’s efficient, reliable and affordable. As a company that has done a fair bit of flying ourselves, we believe that you shouldn’t have to pay an arm and a leg just to take all your bits and pieces that you can’t live without when travelling. Nor should you have to worry about your precious belongings being lost or damaged on the way.
Although we’re still a relatively young company, we still have over a decade’s worth of experience. Since our humble beginnings in 2007, we’ve helped countless happy customers move their stuff, whether that’s to a new home down the road or to the other side of the world. Our team itself boasts a diverse range of skills and experience, with backgrounds in engineering, project management and construction management, which is what makes us such a dynamic, forward-thinking and unique company.
Although we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously! We’re a friendly, approachable and down-to-earth bunch here at Kiwi Movers (most of us are Kiwis, after all!). With a commitment to ensuring all of our customers have an excellent experience, we’re passionate about providing a service that’s honest, straightforward and trustworthy — not to mention reasonably priced.
We’re also keen on operating in a way that is as sustainable and ethical as possible, because that’s how we get the best outcomes for our customers, our team, and the environment.
Kiwi Movers also offer
- Packing and unpacking.
- Car shipping.
- Money transfers.
- Rubbish removal.