Over the last decade (and counting), we’ve moved a multitude of families and businesses in and out of the area and we take pride in the reputation and trust we’ve built up with the local residents. We have extensive knowledge of the Wimbledon area and know how to navigate the roads, parking and peak periods to ensure an easy, efficient and effortless move for our customers. If you live in Wimbledon, you may have seen one of our bright green vans in your neighborhood — you can’t miss them!
If you’re moving in or out of Wimbledon and require a professional removals service, then look no further than Kiwi Movers.
We promise all of our customers an excellent service that eliminates as much stress from your house move as possible. Moving in and around London successfully requires expert help, and with over 13 years of experience doing it well, we’ll get you moved out of your old place and into your new home without the hassle. Our removals team are all fit, friendly and fully-insured, providing the safe pair of hands you need.
Whether you’re a family moving into your dream home or a business relocating to a fancy new office, we can offer you a wide range of removals services, including a full relocation, man and van hire and storage.
While we like to think of ourselves as a flexible and forward-thinking company, at the heart of Kiwi Movers’ work ethic is the traditional New Zealand “Number 8 wire” attitude, which is all about ingenuity, improvisation and resourcefulness. What makes our team uniquely equipped to embody this ethos is our variety of backgrounds and experiences, including project management, engineering and construction management. Whatever problem may arise during a move, we love nothing more than putting our heads together and coming up with creative, practical solutions.
Our fantastic service comes at a fair price. Moving house is expensive enough as it is, which is why we charge our customers competitive and reasonable rates.
Our Wimbledon removals services include:
- Full relocation service — Our comprehensive removals service takes care of everything from the packing and loading to the transportation and unloading/unpacking. The service can be personalised for home removals, office relocations and student moves.
- Man and van hire — If you simply need a larger vehicle and an extra pair of hands, our man and van hire is the perfect cost-effective solution.
- Hoist hire — For those large, heavy and awkward items that can’t be carried up your narrow staircase.
- Crate hire — Our strong, secure and superb-quality crates will keep your precious items protected during the moving process.
- Storage — From container storage and self-storage, our clean, modern and fully-secure storage service can store any excess items, boxes or furniture from your house move. We have storage locations in nearby Chiswick and Richmond.
- Shipping — Whether you’re looking to send your stuff to elsewhere in the UK or to another country, our fully-insured, project-managed shipping service will see that it arrives at its destination on time, in one piece and for an affordable price.
- Packing and unpacking service — Want to let the professionals do the packing for you? We’re happy to help. Or if you’d rather take care of it yourself, we offer a wide range of durable and high-quality packing materials, from boxes and bubble wrap to tape and removals blankets.
- End-of-tenancy cleaning — Moving house is already expensive, so the last thing you need is to lose your sizeable deposit due to reasons that can be easily fixed. Our end-of-tenancy cleaning service will spruce up your old property before you vacate.
- Rubbish removals — Accumulated a mountain of rubbish that you don’t have the time, space or manpower to move? Leave that job to us. We recycle everything we can and only use approved refuse sites.
What you get with our Wimbledon removals services
- An efficient, reliable and experienced service.
- Fast, fit and fully-trained movers.
- A friendly, passionate and honest approach.
- Fair prices.
- Top-quality equipment, materials and vehicles.
- A positive, problem-solving mentality. No job is too difficult, demanding or daunting for our dedicated removals team.
- An ethical and sustainable approach to our service to ensure the best outcome for our customers, our team and the environment.
A little bit about Wimbledon
Located in South West London, Wimbledon is most famous for its annual Wimbledon tennis championship, the oldest and most prestigious grand slam tournament in the tennis calendar. However, the area offers much more than just sports.
An affluent suburb with grand Victorian houses, modern housing and low-rise apartments, Wimbledon is split up into two sections: a charming “village” built on the old medieval village and a modern development known as the “town.” If it’s entertainment you’re after, the New Wimbledon Theatre is where Lionel Bart’s Oliver! and Half A Sixpence, starring Tommy Steele, received their world premieres in the 1960s.
Wimbledon has plenty of beautiful parks and green spaces, including Cannizaro Park, Richmond Park and Wimbledon Park. It also boasts one of the largest areas of common land in London, Wimbledon Common, which is where Elisabeth Beresford set her popular fictional novel The Wombles.
Wimbledon’s influence has even spread to our homeland. Did you know that there’s a small farming locality in New Zealand also called Wimbledon? As the story goes, in the 1880s, a local resident shot a bullock from an impressive distance away — so impressive, in fact, that onlookers joked that the shot was worthy of the rifle-shooting championships held in Wimbledon at the time.
Wimbledon is not in the London congestion charge zone, but during the Wimbledon tennis championship in July, traffic can be quite bad and many roads get closed. That’s why we carry out a pre-move survey ahead of your move to identify any potential sticking points and ensure a smooth and successful move on the day.