Although we originally hail from New Zealand (which you might have guessed from our name!), Wandsworth has been Kiwi Movers’ home for over a decade and it’s fair to say that we’ve settled in just fine.
Over the last 13 years (and counting), we’ve moved countless families and businesses in and out of the area and are proud of the reputation that we’ve built. With our head office located next door to Wandsworth Common, we have intimate knowledge of the local Wandsworth area.
We know the roads, parking and busy periods like the back of our hand, allowing us to consistently carry out smooth, swift and stress-free moves for our customers. If you live in Wandsworth, you’ve probably seen one of our bright green vans in your neighbourhood — they’re hard to miss!
If you’re moving in or out of Wandsworth and require a removals service to get the job done promptly and professionally, then look no further than Kiwi Movers.
We pride ourselves on providing a high-quality service that removes the hassle of a house move from your already-busy life. Our removals team are fit, friendly and fully-trained, and they work quickly and efficiently while handling your belongings with care and respect. Whatever your needs, we can offer you a wide range of flexible removals services, including a full relocation, man and van hire and storage.
Although we’ve called Wandsworth home for over a decade, we still live by New Zealand’s traditional “Number 8 wire” attitude, which encourages ingenuity and resourcefulness. Our team draws from a wide variety of industries and experiences, including project management and engineering, which enables them to come up with creative solutions to overcome any moving-related problem.
Despite our professional, passionate and problem-solving service, we don’t charge our customers premium prices. We know full well how expensive a house move already is, which is why our rates are fair and reasonable.
Our Wandsworth removals services include:
- Full relocation service — From packing your things up at your old place to unloading them at your new digs, we handle all the legwork for you. Our full relocation service can be tailored for home removals, office relocations and student moves.
- Man and van hire — If your move doesn’t quite call for a full relocation service, why not hire one of our trustworthy movers and trademark bright green vans to give you a helping hand?
- Hoist hire — Need to move a baby grand piano into a third-floor room? Our hoist hire will handle that for you.
- Crate hire — Our durable, high-quality crates are here to keep your valuable items safe and secure during the moving process.
- Storage — Need somewhere clean, dry, safe and secure to store your excess belongings? We offer convenient, affordable and reliable storage solutions, including container storage and self-storage. We have storage locations in nearby Chiswick, Kingston and Richmond.
- Shipping — If you need to transport your stuff to another part of the UK or around the world, our fully-insured, project-managed shipping service offers fast delivery times and affordable rates.
- Packing and unpacking service — Our professional packing and unpacking service aims to eliminate as much stress from your house move as possible. If you do want to do the packing yourself, however, we offer a wide range of high-quality and durable packing materials, from boxes and bubble wrap to tape and mattress covers.
- End-of-tenancy cleaning — It can be a challenge to stay on top of the housework during a busy house move. With our professional cleaning service, you don’t need to worry about a dirty house costing you your deposit.
- Rubbish removals — Accumulated a lot of waste during your house move? We’ll take it away for you. We recycle everything we can and only use approved refuse sites.
What you get with our Wandsworth removals services:
- A professional, efficient and reliable service.
- Fast, fit and fully-insured movers.
- A positive, passionate and personable approach.
- Competitive prices.
- Top-quality equipment, materials and vehicles.
- A problem-solving mentality. No job is too difficult, demanding or daunting for our removals team.
- An ethical and sustainable approach to our service, ensuring the best outcome for our customers, our team and the environment.
A little bit about Wandsworth
Situated next to the River Thames in South West London, Wandsworth Town offers a unique blend of riverside beauty, village charm and pleasant green spaces. By the riverside you’ll find the small but serene Wandsworth Park, as well as plenty of pubs, bars and restaurants including The Ship and The Waterfront. Further inland, you can enjoy unique spots like Backyard Cinema and Southside shopping centre, or take a stroll through Wandsworth Common and King George’s Park.
Wandsworth Town has a number of claims to fame. The residential area of Tonsleys/Old York Road was used as the location for the BBC TV series Outnumbered, the underpass beneath the Wandsworth Bridge roundabout was featured in Stanley Kubrick’s A Clockwork Orange, while the French restaurant Chez Bruce, formerly Harveys, is where world-renowned chef Gordon Ramsay learned his trade.
Wandsworth Town also has excellent transport links, including three train stations (Wandsworth Town, Wandsworth Common and Earlsfield) and a nearby tube stop (Southfields) while Wandsworth bridge connects to Fulham on the other side of the Thames.
Wandsworth is outside of London’s congestion charge zone, although parking can sometimes be tricky. Before your move, we’ll visit your home and carry out a pre-move survey to identify any potential sticking points, such as awkward radiators, narrow staircases and tight parking. This is so we can ensure your move goes off without a hitch on the day.