Student removals in London
Students move around more than most. Whether you’re moving into student halls, between student properties or moving your things back home for the summer (or after finishing your final year), student life involves multiple moves throughout your studies.
Between lectures, dissertations, exams, revision, seminars and maintaining some semblance of a social life, students already have enough to juggle without having to worry about planning, organising and carrying out a big move. Over 80% of the Kiwi Movers team have degrees, so we know what it’s like to be a student!
Kiwi Movers’ Student Removals service is here to take away the hassle of your house move so you can focus on your studies.
Our fit, friendly and highly-trained removals team can handle every part of your student move — from packing up your belongings, loading them into one of our trademark bright green vans, driving them to your new place (or back home) and unloading and unpacking everything. We’ll handle the legwork and make sure you’re move is as simple, smooth and stress-free as possible.
As a student, you probably have a lot of precious items — we’re not just talking about expensive laptops, tablets or cameras, but important books, notes or folders. You can rely on our highly-trained professionals to handle them with care and respect, and to make sure they arrive at your new place unscathed and in good time.
We appreciate that a student’s pockets aren’t the deepest, which is why our Student Removals service is available at one set price catered for a student budget. We aim to keep things efficient yet affordable.
Students, We Know Your Struggle
At Kiwi Movers, we know what it’s like to be a student. Most of our team were students themselves not too long ago! We encourage all of our managerial, sales and operational staff to have degrees, while almost two-thirds of our entire team (including our movers) have an international-level degree qualification.
From the early-morning lectures and the late-night library sessions to the unforgettable parties and unconventional meals (are you even a student if you haven’t had cold pizza for breakfast?), we’ve been through the rollercoaster of student life ourselves.
We know what it’s like to feel as if you’re constantly on the move, moving into student halls one year and into a shared house or flat the next, and then moving back home over the summers or after your final year.
We know what it’s like to feel as if there’s not enough time in the day as you try your best to juggle lectures, dissertations, revision, exams, seminars, social clubs and events, a part-time job, making time for your family and friends back home and looking after menial tasks like housework and laundry.
We know how difficult it can be to find reliable people who can help you move, especially if you’re studying far away from home and the journey is too long for relatives and friends to simply come over and give you a hand.
We know the dilemma of wanting to celebrate your last night in your old place with a few drinks, but dreading having a hangover the next day when you’re supposed to be moving. We also know what it’s like to live on a student budget and just thinking about how much it costs to hire a professional removals company makes you wince.
When it comes to moving, being a student isn’t the breeze people think it is! Lucky for you, Kiwi Movers are here to help.
What you get with our Student Removals service
- A first-class, fully-insured removals service — Here at Kiwi Movers, we pride ourselves on providing a professional service with a friendly face. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Plus, we’re fully insured, so if anything goes wrong, you won’t be out of pocket.
- A friendly, enthusiastic and resourceful removals team — Aside from providing an efficient removals service, we love nothing more than putting our heads together to solve a problem. We still live by our native New Zealand’s “Number 8 wire” ethos, which encourages ingenuity, resourcefulness and a can-do attitude. Because our team come from diverse backgrounds like engineering and project management, we’re able to come up with creative solutions to overcome any moving-related obstacle. Plus, many of us are proud Kiwis, so we like to think we’re a friendly bunch!
- A professional packing and unpacking service — In addition to loading and unloading your belongings into one of our bright green vans, we also pack and unpack your items. We have a wide range of packing materials that we only source from top-quality suppliers, including durable, double-walled boxes that come in many different sizes and are made from recycled materials. Our removals team are all professionally-trained and highly-experienced, so we know how to wrap, pack and load your stuff in the safest, smartest and most secure way.
A Removals Service Catered to Students
Thanks to our first-hand experience of student life, we’ve created a friendly, reliable and affordable removals package specifically catered to students.
- Student-Friendly Price — Our student removals service is designed with a student budget in mind. You receive the same high-quality service as all of our other clients, but at an affordable price.
- Safe Pair of Hands — Between laptops, tablets, TVs, cameras, books, study notes and sentimental items like family photos, we know just how precious your belongings are. Our highly-trained and fully-qualified removals team will handle your things with care and respect, ensuring they get from A to B safe and sound. Our professional packing service offers extra peace of mind that your prized possessions remain protected while in transit.
- Friendly, Enthusiastic Team — We’re a friendly bunch here at Kiwi Movers — most of us are Kiwis, after all! We’re passionate about providing a service that’s not just professional, but full of energy and enthusiasm. We believe in doing our job with a smile on our face, and hopefully putting a smile on yours, too!
- Problem-Solving Attitude — We’re a bunch of nerds who love nothing more than putting our heads together to solve a problem. Whether it’s carrying a large piece of furniture through a narrow doorway or moving a baby grand piano onto the third floor, we pride ourselves on coming up with creative and practical solutions to overcome any moving-related obstacle. It’s how our company started out back in 2007, when a group of friends were tasked with moving a BBQ. We rose to this challenge with aplomb, and figured we’d use our ingenuity to help other people move stuff. The rest is history!
- Handy Cleaning Service — We know as good as anyone else that student properties aren’t always the cleanest. There might be several people sharing one kitchen, never-ending parties and those housemates that are always too busy, too hungover or too lazy to clean. This is why we also offer a professional yet affordable end-of-tenancy cleaning service. We’ll spruce up your old place before you hand over the keys back to your landlord, ensuring you don’t have your deposit deducted (orm worse, forfeited) due to cleaning. Think of us as Harvey Keitel’s Winston Wolfe character in Pulp Fiction… minus the dead body, please!
- International Scope — International students make up a sizable portion of the student population. In some UK Universities, more than a quarter of students come from abroad. Likewise, tens of thousands of British students study abroad every year. As a company that hails from the other side of the world ourselves, it only makes sense for our student removals service to cater to international students. We offer door-to-door international shipping and excess baggage services that are fast, reliable and affordable. We can transport your belongings anywhere in the world, including North America, Asia and Oceania.
- Ethical & Sustainable Approach — Everything we do at Kiwi Movers is done with an ethical and environmentally-friendly approach. We regularly review our operations to ensure we’re always on the right side of environmental regulations. We provide our staff with green driving training (which goes well with our bright green vans!) And when it comes to rubbish removal, we recycle as much as we can while only using approved refuse sites. Kiwi Movers are a member of WHICH? Trusted Traders, which means we’ve been professionally audited to ensure we meet the highest possible ethics and compliance standards through our business processes.
Why choose our Student Removals service?
- Affordable — Removals services can be expensive and we understand that students don’t have a lot of money. This is why we offer a set price designed for a student budget. Kiwi Movers is not only easy and efficient, but affordable.
- Hassle-free — Moving by yourself or without help is a draining process. Not only does it eat into your precious time, but the process of packing all your things up, loading/unloading them into a van and carrying heavy furniture up and down flights of stairs is physically exhausting — especially after a heavy night or stressful exam! Kiwi Movers are happy to do the hard yards for you.
- Ethical & environmentally-friendly — At Kiwi Movers we always strive to conduct our business with fairness, honesty and integrity. We are individually accountable and collectively responsible. We’re also committed to reducing our impact on the environment and continually improving our environmental performance. We do this through regularly reviewing our procedures, operations and policies, making sure that both ourselves and our suppliers comply with environmental laws and regulations and increasing staff awareness, including providing them with green driving training.
Kiwi Movers also offer
- End-of-tenancy cleaning — We understand that student properties aren’t always the cleanest or tidiest of places (most of us here at Kiwi Movers were students ourselves!) We’ll get your old place in shipshape so you don’t have to forfeit your deposit.
- Waste and rubbish removal — Whether you’ve accumulated a lot of rubbish at your current place or there’s a load of waste at your new place, we can take care of this not-so-desirable job. As a company that prides itself on its ethical and environmentally-friendly approach, we recycle everything we can and only use approved refuse sites.
- Handyman service — Let’s face it, things tend to get damaged or broken in a student house. The last thing you want is to lose your deposit, which is more than likely a considerable chunk of change. If you need something fixing before you vacate your current place, we can take care of it.
- Storage and shipping — With almost half a million international students in the UK and almost 10% of UK students working or studying abroad, there’s a big demand for moving things overseas. If you’re going travelling or moving abroad, we offer very affordable rates and deals for both storage (including self-storage and container storage) and shipping.