Since our humble beginnings in 2007, we’ve helped many families and businesses move in and out of the area. With our head office less than two miles away in Wandsworth, we have extensive knowledge of the local Putney area. We’re well acquainted with the roads, parking and busy periods, making it an easy, efficient and stress-free moving process for our customers.
Whether you’re moving in or out of Putney, Kiwi Movers is the removals service you can trust.
When it comes to moving people from A to B, we have a wealth of experience, expertise and enthusiasm. Our removals team are fit, friendly and fully-trained, and are passionate about taking the hassle of a house move away from our customers. Whatever your needs, we can offer you a wide range of flexible removals services, including a full relocation, man and van hire and rubbish removal.
What really makes Kiwi Movers stand out from other removals services in Putney (and throughout London), though, is our commitment to our homeland’s “Number 8 wire” attitude. We pride ourselves on our resourcefulness, ingenuity and can-do attitude. Because our team comes from a wide variety of industries including engineering and project management, we’re able to come up with creative solutions to any moving-related problem.
We’re proud to provide a high-quality service, but we don’t charge our customers high prices. We know that moving house is expensive enough as it is, which is why we offer fair and competitive rates for our removals services.
Our Putney removals services include:
- Full relocation service — We take care of the entire process for you, from packing and loading to transportation and unloading/unpacking. Our service is perfect for home removals, office relocations and student moves.
- Man and van hire — If you don’t need a full relocation service to move your entire life, simply hire one of our reliable movers and bright green vans to help you get the job done.
- Hoist hire — Got a piece of furniture that’s too large, heavy or awkward to move with sheer manpower? Let our hoist hire take the hassle away.
- Crate hire — Our durable, high-quality crates will keep your valuable items safe and secure during transit.
- Storage — From container storage to self-storage, we offer clean, modern and secure storage solutions to look after any excess items you may have during a house move. We have storage locations in nearby Chiswick and Richmond.
- Shipping — Whether you’re looking to transport an item domestically or internationally, our fully-insured, project-managed shipping service will make sure it arrives on time for an affordable price.
- Packing and unpacking service — There’s a skill to proper packing. Our team of highly-trained movers are happy to do the packing for you. Or if you’d rather do it yourself, we offer a wide range of high-quality and durable packing materials, from boxes and bubble wrap to removal blankets and mattress covers.
- End-of-tenancy cleaning — The last thing you want during a house move is to lose your deposit because your landlord isn’t happy with the condition of your property. Thanks to our end-of-tenancy cleaning service, you can rest assured that your old place will be left in good order.
- Rubbish removals — It’s easy for rubbish to build up during a busy house move. We’ll get rid of it for you. As a company that prides itself on its sustainable approach, we recycle everything we can and only use approved refuse sites.
What you get with our Putney removals services
- An efficient, high-quality and reliable service.
- Fast, fit and fully-trained movers.
- A polite, friendly and honest approach.
- Affordable prices.
- Top-quality equipment, materials and vehicles.
- A positive attitude. No job is too big for our removals team.
- An ethical and sustainable approach to our service that produces the best outcome for our customers, our team and the environment.
A little bit about Putney
Located next to the River Thames in South West London, Putney has long been a place of leisure and beauty. The area boasts a number of lush parks and green spaces, including Putney Heath and Wandsworth Park. It’s also a rowing hotspot, home to more than 20 rowing clubs while offering fantastic views of the annual Boat Race between Cambridge University Boat Club and Oxford University Boat Club, which starts at Putney Bridge.
Putney has a rich and interesting history. Previously belonging to Surrey until 1889, Putney was the birthplace of Thomas Cromwell (the 1st Earl of Essex and chief minister to King Henry VIII) and its clean air, open spaces and stunning views made it a favourite destination for Queen Elizabeth I.
Fast forward to the 21st century and Putney is listed as one of 34 major centres in Greater London in the London Plan, which sets out an economic, environmental, transport and social framework for development. Plus, Putney’s Thamesfield ward has the highest Australian and New Zealand populations in London, so you know it’s full of friendly people!
Putney is outside of the London congestion zone, but it can get busy during the Boat Race and over the summer months. Before your move, we’ll visit your home and carry out a pre-move survey, which allows us to identify any potential sticking points, such as awkward radiators, narrow staircases and tight parking.