Although most of us here at Kiwi Movers hail from New Zealand (which you might have guessed from our name!), we’ve gotten to know Chelsea pretty well. We’ve been moving people’s stuff throughout London for over 10 years and our head offices are located just across the River Thames in nearby Wandsworth, so we’re particularly familiar with the area.
Our fit, friendly and fully-trained removals team have helped many happy customers move in and out of Chelsea. We have intimate knowledge of the local area — including its roads, parking and calendar of events — which allows us to get you moved smoothly and successfully. If you live in Chelsea, you might have seen one of our trademark bright green vans in your neighbourhood — they’re hard to miss!
If you’re looking for a professional, reliable and affordable removal services in Chelsea, look no further than Kiwi Movers.
We pride ourselves on providing a premium service with a positive, problem-solving attitude. Our team are all fully-trained and experienced in the entire removals process, from moving your things swiftly and safely to packing items professionally. We’re a passionate, enthusiastic and resourceful bunch who strive to embody New Zealand’s “Number 8 wire” attitude.
Whether you’re a family moving to your dream house or a business relocating to a fancy new office, we offer a wide range of removals solutions that can get the job done. The scope of our service includes a full relocation service, man and van hire, end-of-tenancy cleaning and much more.
We appreciate that moving house is expensive enough as it is, which is why we charge fair prices. At Kiwi Movers, we believe in offering a high-quality service without the high costs.
Our Chelsea removals services include:
- Full relocation service — Whether you’re moving house, moving office or a student, you get a comprehensive removals service. From packing, loading, transportation to unloading/unpacking at your new house and dismantling/reassembling furniture, we handle all the legwork for you.
- Man and van hire — If you don’t require a full relocation service to move your entire life, why not hire one of our friendly, professional and experienced movers and bright green vans?
- Hoist hire — Our hoist hire is the perfect solution for those large, heavy and awkwardly-shaped items.
- Crate hire — Our selection of durable crates will keep your precious items safe and secure during the moving process.
- Storage — We offer a range of storage solutions for your excess belongings, including container storage and self-storage. We have storage locations in nearby Chiswick and Twickenham.
- Shipping — Whether you’re looking to send an item to elsewhere in the UK or overseas, our fully-insured, project-managed shipping service will make sure it gets there on time for an affordable price.
- Packing and unpacking service — There’s an art to proper packing. With our highly-trained removals team, you can let the professionals take care of it for you. Or if you want to do it yourself, we offer a wide range of high-quality and durable packing materials, from boxes and bubble wrap to tape and mattress covers.
- End-of-tenancy cleaning — Keeping up with the housework can be an even more challenging chore when you’re in the middle of a house move. We’ll make sure your old place is in good nick so you don’t have to worry about losing your deposit.
- Rubbish removals — Whether you’ve accumulated a lot of rubbish at your current house or there’s a build-up of waste at your new place, we’ll take care of it. We recycle everything we can and only use approved refuse sites.
What you get with our Chelsea removals services
- A professional, reliable and safe service.
- Fast, fit and fully-trained movers.
- A friendly, honest and trustworthy approach.
- Fair prices.
- Top-quality equipment, materials and vehicles.
- A can-do attitude. No job is too difficult, demanding or daunting for our removals team.
- An ethical and sustainable approach to our service to ensure the best outcome for our customers, our team and the environment.
A little bit about Chelsea
An attractive and affluent area in South West London, Chelsea is consistently one of the most desirable places to live in London. Conveniently located in the middle of the city, the area offers plenty of high-end shops, Michelin-star restaurants, beautiful homes, lush gardens, historic architecture and magnificent views of the River Thames.
Chelsea is home to attractions like Royal Hospital Chelsea, Chelsea Psychic Garden and National Army Museum. Of course, the area is also synonymous with Chelsea Football Club and the prestigious RHS Chelsea Flower Show, which is held every year in May. It’s no wonder Chelsea is a hotspot for International residents, boasting one of the largest American communities outside of the USA.
Chelsea has a prestigious history. The area started out as a humble fishing village on the banks of the River Thames before becoming a favourite amongst the royals. King Henry VIII acquired property in Chelsea in the 16th century, which is where Queen Elizabeth I (Princess Elizabeth at the time) lived.
In the 19th century, Chelsea became known as London’s bohemian quarter, home to many famous artists, painters, writers, poets, radicals. In the 1960s, Chelsea’s King’s Road (originally built as a private road for Kings Charles II) became synonymous with the “Swinging 60s,” associated with The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, as well as fashion icons like Vivienne Westwood and Mary Quant, who’s credited for creating the miniskirt and hot pants.
Chelsea has been outside of the London congestion charge zone since 2010, but it can be a busy place, particularly during Chelsea FC games and the Chelsea Flower Show. Before your move, we’ll visit your home and carry out a pre-move survey to identify any potential sticking points, such as awkward radiators, narrow staircases and tight parking. This is so we can ensure your move goes off without a hitch on the day.