- Date you joined Kiwi Movers? February 2015
2. Full Name? Matthew Owen Toomey
3. Nickname? I always end up being called Toomey over Matt. Tombstone’s a variation sometimes
4. Place of Birth? Dunedin, born and bred.
5. What is the most interesting move you have done at Kiwi Movers? Moving two 18.5T truck and trailers over 4 days to a dilapidated mansion was probably both. Some crazy items including a cannon and suits of armour.
6. Interesting Fact About Yourself? Pretty obsessed with squirrels
7. Hobbies? Was absolutely mad about poker before moving over, haven’t had much of a chance to keep up with it but definitely keen to get back into it.
8. Favourite Office person and why? Kiri will be gone by the time this comes out so she’s the safe bet. She never reads the newsletter anyway…
9. What do you enjoy most about working for Kiwi Movers? I love knowing my way around London. Makes it so much easier to appreciate how different it is from where I come from.
10. Best place you’ve travelled to so far in Europe? Spain, Portugal or Croatia
11. Any advice to the new guys? Watch the old guys and don’t panic. We all had no idea what we were getting into but we’re all doing fine now. For the most part. I think.
12. Holden or Ford? So the choice is a V8 sedan or a V8 sedan?
Name: Mitesh Prema
Place of Birth: Auckland, New Zealand
What is the most interesting move you have done at Kiwi Movers: Every move is pretty interesting, would probably have to be a move that sends you out to the country side to a big mansion.
Interesting fact about yourself: Don’t really have an interesting fact..
In 5 years time where do you see yourself: Hopefully living the dream in either New Zealand or Australia.
Favourite Office person and why: Adam, gets quotes bang on..
What do you enjoy most about working for Kiwi Movers: Get to see London and all the suburbs which is pretty cool. And enjoy the long drives out to the country side.
Best place you’ve travelled to so far in Europe: Would have to say Greece. 10 days around the Greek Islands is definitely a story and a half.
Any advice to the new guys: Listen to the guys that have been working longer than you. Ask questions if you are not sure.
Why work for Kiwi: Great bunch of guys to work with.
Well done to our Mover of the Month, Sam Goodwin!
Date you joined Kiwi Movers? Mid May sometime, 2015. Been a busy and physical 5 months!
Full Name? Samuel Brian Goodwin.
Nickname? Had a couple, old mates called me Bones back in the day.
Place of Birth? Hamilton, New Zealand. Chiefs baby!
What is the most interesting move you have done at Kiwi Movers? To be honest most days are different which keep it interesting and fun, from moving top night club entrepreneurs into mansions to American students into small lane ways that were used on Harry Potter it’s all got great twists and turns!
Interesting Fact About Yourself? Not really sure on this one – shameless self promotion however I’m a beat maker/producer in the evenings and days off so if you want a little something for an event or film clip hollaaahh!
In 5 years time where do you see yourself? More experienced at Kiwi than Darcy haha. If that fails then hopefully back in the Waikato, living in Raglan and down on the beach for BBQs and good times every night.
Favourite Office person and why? What a question! Can I say Toomey? He’s good at setting up social outings for when the All Black games are on.
What do you enjoy most about working for Kiwi Movers? Met a great bunch of guys with plenty of laughs, getting to see the city of London above ground is pretty cool. Had a good run of coastal jobs too this summer gone, lunch on the beach in Bournemouth was definitely a highlight.
Best place you’ve travelled to so far in Europe? I’ve just got back from Italy so my mind is still lost in Venice, however I was blown away from the great outdoors of Sweden and Norway last year – Berlin, Germany still takes number one spot for me. Music/people/vibes are on point everyday.
Any advice to the new guys? Listen to the veterans! Davidson usually has all the answers, but if it’s not correct, it’ll have you in stitches anyway.
Who will win Rugby World Cup 2015? A lot of hype about Japan floating about! But I’m filling this out in the car to Newcastle for the NZ v Tonga match, so I’ll have to say All Blacks. Kia ora!
We have a super great team at Kiwi Movers, so here’s a profile on our mover of the month.
Date you joined Kiwi Movers: November 2014.
Full Name: Matthew Jarrod Long.
Place of Birth: Pahiatua, New Zealand (middle of the lower North Island).
What is the most interesting move you have done at Kiwi Movers: Any move I get to do with Willi.
In 5 years time where do you see yourself: 5 years time strength and conditioning coach for pro rugby team or full time karaoke singer.
Favourite Office person and why: No office person has bribed me enough to answer this yet…
What do you enjoy most about working for Kiwi Movers: Good group of people at Kiwi.
Best place you’ve travelled to so far in Europe: Croatia best place in Europe so far.
Any advice to the new guys: New guys just listen to Reece Gutsell and he will sort you out.
Why work for Kiwi: Good team to be apart of and flexible for travel and other commitments.
Name: Reece Gutsell.
Place of Birth: Gore, New Zealand.
What is the most interesting move you have done at Kiwi Movers: Moving stuff around the flat that Jimmy Hendrix lived in.
Interesting fact about yourself: Once met Sir David Attenborough and have played a game of international rugby while I was in Antarctica.
In 5 years time where do you see yourself: Back in NZ probably back in the Royal New Zealand Air Force, but definitely firefighting.
Favourite office person and why: Emma, because she puts up us!
What do you enjoy most about working for Kiwi Movers: The boys are a good laugh and plenty of freedom to travel.
Best place you’ve travelled to so far in Europe: Morocco and Salzburg
Any advice to the new guys: Watch and listen.
Why work for Kiwi: Freedom and the pay is better then bar work.