- Date you joined Kiwi Movers? February 2015
2. Full Name? Matthew Owen Toomey
3. Nickname? I always end up being called Toomey over Matt. Tombstone’s a variation sometimes
4. Place of Birth? Dunedin, born and bred.
5. What is the most interesting move you have done at Kiwi Movers? Moving two 18.5T truck and trailers over 4 days to a dilapidated mansion was probably both. Some crazy items including a cannon and suits of armour.
6. Interesting Fact About Yourself? Pretty obsessed with squirrels
7. Hobbies? Was absolutely mad about poker before moving over, haven’t had much of a chance to keep up with it but definitely keen to get back into it.
8. Favourite Office person and why? Kiri will be gone by the time this comes out so she’s the safe bet. She never reads the newsletter anyway…
9. What do you enjoy most about working for Kiwi Movers? I love knowing my way around London. Makes it so much easier to appreciate how different it is from where I come from.
10. Best place you’ve travelled to so far in Europe? Spain, Portugal or Croatia
11. Any advice to the new guys? Watch the old guys and don’t panic. We all had no idea what we were getting into but we’re all doing fine now. For the most part. I think.
12. Holden or Ford? So the choice is a V8 sedan or a V8 sedan?
We welcome a new Office Manager to Kiwi, Dani Miller. It’s great to have Dani join the team, and here are a few brief facts about Dani.
Home Town: Born in Durban South Africa, but lived most of my life on the east coast of Australia in Sydney, Gold Coast, and Brisbane.
Qualifications: Bachelor of Arts in Contemporary and Applied Theatre (Drama Queen)
Interesting fact about yourself: I toured Australia performing Shakespeare shows in 2014 for a Brisbane based Theatre company called Shake and Stir.
Favourite Place: Anywhere with a beautiful blue ocean (What am I doing in London?)
Favourite Sport/s: Netball and touch football, I also love dancing.