Kiwi Mover’s Storage Service For Businesses in London
Storage for your business is something that’s always a necessity, whether you’re upscale, downscaling, moving to a remote working setup, or just looking for somewhere safe to store items that aren’t currently in use, storage for your business will always be a useful asset. As we all know, space is at a premium here in London, with very little space available, whilst the space that is available is often bound by an eye-watering price tag. What you may not yet have considered is the storage that removals companies, such as ourselves here at Kiwi Movers, have to offer – whilst you may consider storage with your removal team to be more of a short term fix, these companies often offer long-term storage facilities that are incredibly reasonable in terms price. If you want to learn more about how you can use removal company storage space to your advantage as a business, check out all of the information below or get in touch with us today!
So, now that you know that you may be able to utilise a removal company’s storage units for business use, you are probably wondering how it’ll work and if there are any limitations you need to worry about – don’t worry, we’ve got all of that covered. In truth, using removal storage for business purposes can actually be one of the most shrewd decisions you can make, particularly in a time surrounded by mass confusion and uncertainty such as the situation many businesses have found themselves in during the coronavirus pandemic. Businesses across London and beyond have found themselves moving, restructuring or downsizing to try to keep business alive which, whilst incredibly tough, is a necessary step to take. One major stumbling block that has been faced, particularly for those businesses that are either downsizing or moving to a remote working format has been storage. Storage is something that is hard to find in cities as densely populated as London, however by using removal company storage units you’re able to keep your belongings in a safe, secure location that’s easy for you to access whenever you should need to.
What Are The Benefits?
There are many benefits to reap when using the storage facilities of a removal service such as ours here at Kiwi Movers, so it’s difficult to pinpoint just one standout benefit. Below, you can take a look at all of the benefits that we offer, with guidance on how these may be of use to your business!
One of the most important things when it comes to storage for your business is accessibility – you never know when you might need access to your stored items, so it’s vital that you’re using a facility that enables you to gain access to your things as and when you should need them. Our storage units at Kiwi HQ have 24/7 access to those using our storage facilities, so you never need to worry about not being able to access your company belongings when you need them. This flexibility is far less restrictive than many business storage units, where you may be bound by business hours to access your stuff.
In addition to 24/7 access, you’ll also be able to make use of our hand off-street
Customer parking facility, which is open 7 days a week to ensure you’ve always got somewhere safe and close-by to park when you’re picking up items or adding more to your unit.
Another factor you’ll need to consider as a business is the cost, which can often be a huge burden to businesses who are being forced to put items into storage due to downsizing, as the added cost can weigh heavier in these scenarios. Our storage units at Kiwi Movers are fairly priced and tailored to your needs, so you can find a deal that works best for you. With no minimum stay, you get to choose how long you store your items for, with the ability to extend that stay further should it be required. By being able to tailor your storage costs to your business needs, you’re ensuring that you’re never spending more than you need to – a huge bonus in times like these where business funds may not be at their highest. In addition to our no minimum stay policy, we also offer discounted rates for long term storage needs, so if you’re planning on needing your unit for an extended period, you may be able to find a spot at our facility that is extremely affordable as a long term storage option.
Your storage needs are likely to change from time to time, so it’s good to have the option to scale the size of your storage unit in accordance with your needs as a business. Whilst with many storage units in London you may be restricted in terms of size or floorspace, here at Kiwi Movers we’ve got units to fit every business’ requirements – whether it’s a small locker for keeping confidential documents under lock and key, or a large garage-sized space for mass office storage in times of moving or downsizing, we’ve got a huge range of storage options available. With hundreds of sizes to choose from, you never have to worry about your needs being too big or too small; you can simply move to a different sized unit should you ever need to do so!
Security is perhaps the most important factor to consider when you’re selecting a storage unit for business use – when it comes to company possessions, you need to be assured that your items are going to be kept safe and secure in a monitored location. All of Kiwi Movers’ storage locations feature a wealth of highly-effective security technology to ensure that all of your things are accessible to you and only you. To gain access to our facilities, you will need a keycode, then a further combination code and access code are required to enter any of our units – by following a multi-step process we make it harder for anyone to access items that aren’t there.
Unfortunately, there are times where unwanted visitors try to gain access to units that aren’t theirs and in times like those it’s vital that the right security measures are in place. Our locations are equipped with video surveillance and CCTV security throughout, so you can rest assured that any break-ins will be caught on camera. On top of this, our Battersea site is also making use of number plate readers and facial recognition technology, which allows us to be even more vigilant and aware of any illegal activity.
Our Storage Facilities
Now that you know a little more about how using removal company storage space can benefit your business, it’s time to take a look at the storage facilities that are available here at Kiwi Movers. We’ve got everything ranging from self storage lockers to entire container units, so there’s something for everyone no matter how big or small your business needs are. On top of this, we’ve also got multiple locations across the London city region and South East, offering handy locations to store your items so that they’re never too far away should you ever need to access them at a moment’s notice. Here’s an overview of our different storage facilities and their uses:
Self Storage Units
One of the most popular types of storage that you can use either in a personal or business capacity is self storage units – these are handy lockers that come in a variety of different sizes to cater to your every need. At Kiwi Movers, our self storage is one of the most practical and cost-effective ways to ensure that your belongings are kept safe and accessible in the London area, with high-tech security and keycode access ensuring that the risk of break ins and theft are minimised. Below, you can find a list of the key features of our self storage options:
- Cost – our secure units are available from just £15 per week, giving our customers low cost storage that keeps their valuables safe.
- No minimum stay – with many storage facilities, you’re tied into a minimum stay period, which can often leave you paying for your unit for longer than you need it. At Kiwi, there’s no minimum stay – you’ll only ever pay for the length of your stay, no more and no less.
- Discounts for long term stays – if you do decide that you’ll be needing your unit for an extended period, that’s no problem, just let us know how long you’ll be needing it and we might even be able to offer you one of our long-term discounts!
- Round the clock access: if your items are locked away in a storage locked, it’s likely that, at some point in the future, you’ll want to access them. Whilst the principle is easy, it can be hard to predict when exactly you’ll need access – with our 24/7 access self storage units in London, you’ll never have to worry about access being an issue, simply use your keycode and you’ll be able to get to your items at any time on any day of the week.
- Intelligent security measures: for obvious reasons, having the best security is one of the major factors to consider when choosing a storage facility for your businesses – you don’t want your items to be put at risk with lazy security or sub-par protective measures. We ensure that all of our locations are equipped with the best multi-factor security measures, including keycode access, combination locks, CCTV cameras, number plate recognition, and face recognition. By equipping our facilities with these features, we’re protecting your items whilst remaining prepared for the unlikely event of a breach.
- A range of different sized units: everyone’s requirements are different when it comes to storage, so it’s only fair that we provide a wide range of different storage units to ensure that we’re catering to every business’ needs. We’ve got hundreds of different sized lockers and units available, so whether you’re looking to store a few crucial documents, or looking for a place to keep larger items such as chairs and desks, we’ve got it covered.
For those businesses that are looking for a more substantial storage space for larger items or to clear out entire offices, as you might have had to do during the coronavirus pandemic, then our container storage units could be the ideal choice for your business. With our containers, you’ll get big space and even bigger security, ensuring that you’ve always got enough storage space for even the biggest of clear-outs. Check out the main benefits of our containers below:
- Safety and security: with our storage facilities, our top priority is always keeping your belongings safe – whether it’s a personal unit or one of our larger business units such as these containers, it’s all about providing our customers with a safe and secure place to keep their valuable belongings.
- Affordable pricing: You don’t want to pay over the odds for your storage, but it’s also important to remember that you get what you pay for, so it’s all about finding great storage facilities at an even better price. Our flexible payment options allow you to only ever pay for the storage that you’re using, never any more – with containers starting at just £9.95 per week, that’s a price that’s hard to be for storage in London.
- Around-the-clock surveillance: In an effort to ensure that your business’ belongings are kept as safe as possible, we’ve implemented 24/7 surveillance on all of our containers. This works alongside our intelligent security systems to ensure that items are protected and everyone who enters the premises is accounted for.
- Long term stays: Just like with our self storage units, we offer long term stay discounts for businesses who will need their unit for an extended period of time. This is a great benefit for businesses who’ve moved out of their office space during the Covid-19 pandemic and need a place to store desks, monitors, chairs, and more.
- Different sized containers: Every business’ demands are different, so we’ve made sure that our containers reflect that – from smaller units to store small items or a few boxes to larger containers that are large enough to store the entire contents of your offices, we’ve got options to suit everyone. Should you ever need to upgrade or downgrade the amount of space that you have available, just let us know and we can get you moved into a new unit that’s better suited to your needs.
Where are our storage facilities?
To help make our storage facilities as accessible as possible, we’ve set ourselves up in multiple locations across the London city region, giving businesses across the city easy access to convenient high-security storage whenever they might need it. Here are the locations that we currently have out container storage units based:
By ensuring that we offer easy access to our storage without the hassle of having to pay the congestion charge, businesses can feel safe in the knowledge that their belongings are being safely stored in the ideal location.
Our locations are also great for those who decide that they aren’t looking to keep all of the items that they’ve taken to the storage unit – whether you’ve changed your mind or simply don’t see the value in keeping them, there’s plenty of charity shops to donate to around our storage units. You can find the closest charity shops to all of our locations below:
Oxfam Boutique – 190 Chiswick High Road
Save The Children – 152 Chiswick High Road
Cancer Research UK – 278 Chiswick High Road
Oxfam – 16 Castle Street, Kingston Upon Thames
Cancer Research – 36 Eden Street, Kingston Upon Thames
The Princess Alice Hospice – 62 Fife Road, Kingston
Oxfam – The Quadrant, Richmond
Cancer Research – 1 Hill Street, Richmond
The Octavia Foundation – 435 Upper Richmond Road
Fara Kids – 119 High Street, Teddington
Shooting Star Trace – 11 Broad Street, Teddington
Fara Brooks – 34 Broad Street, Teddington
Fara Charity Shop – 8 Heath Road, Twickenham
Sue Ryder – 6 Heath Road, Twickenham
If you do find that you have any unwanted items, we urge you to please consider donating those to a charity shop – they’ll be incredibly grateful for the donation, no matter whether it’s books, reading and writing materials, chairs, clothing, or electricals!
To enquire about the availability of our self storage facilities or container units, get in touch with our team today to discuss the options. Our team are warm, friendly problem solvers that’ll help you to find the right solution for your business – we could even arrange to help you move your items into storage or assist with the packing!
Other Services Provided
One of the major benefits you’ll get when you choose Kiwi Movers as your storage provider is access to a huge selection of our other services; after all, we are so much more than just a storage facility. Initially specialising in removals from homes and offices, we now offer full-scale removal and storage experience that covers everything from A-Z, leaving no stone unturned. There’s never any task too big or too small for our friendly removals teams too, so don’t be afraid to ask them for extra support whilst they’re there. If they can help, they will help; it’s just their nature. If you’re wondering which other services you may be able to take advantage of with Kiwi Movers, you can find a more detailed breakdown of all of our solutions right here:
First and foremost is removals – this is our bread and butter, and we think we’re the best in the game in this regard. Where other removals companies may look to simply get your items in and out of the desired locations, we look to go above and beyond this, seeking to take a proactive approach to problem-solving to ensure that everything is done quickly, efficiently, and safely. Our removals team comes equipped with all the supplies they might need during their job – from lifting tools to packing supplies, we’ve got everything covered. To learn more about our removals services, check out our removals page!
In addition to simple removals, we also specialise in full-scale relocations too, meaning we’re on hand to help make your move as quick, easy, and stress-free as we possibly can. You’ll be able to control how involved we are, and we’re happy to work around whatever is best for you, so if you’d prefer to pack up and unpack yourself that’s fine, or if you’d prefer us to take charge of the packing, unpacking, and setup at the new location we can arrange that for you no questions asked. There’s never been an easier way to relocate than with our relocation service there at Kiwi Movers.
Item delivery can be a tricky task – arranging the pick-up, drop-off, and transport can be a real pain if you don’t have the experience and know-how. Luckily, we’ve got heaps of experience when it comes to getting your items from A to B in a safe, yet timely manner, so we can handle any of your deliveries for you. If needed, our team can also be on hand to help you arrange your items in their new location, such as furniture, desks, or computers.
Dismantling and Assembly
It often goes unsaid, but dismantling and reassembling items before and after transport can be one of the most difficult and infuriating tasks that you can be faced with, so why not leave it to the professionals! If we’re helping you to move furniture, equipment, or anything else that might need taking apart/putting together, we’re more than happy to lend a hand and get that done for you. Our team come prepped with the best tools and a wealth of experience, so you can be sure that you’re getting a professional service throughout.
End of Tenancy Cleaning
When you’re moving out of a house or office space, it can often be incredibly tempting to simply leave a mess behind, but this isn’t just bad manners, it’s a bad business practice that can leave a lasting negative impression of your company to both the building owner and the next tenant. If you find that you haven’t got the time, manpower, or motivation to clean out your space at the end of your tenancy, you could make use of our professional cleaning service! Our service features a full deep clean of the space, leaving every area completely spotless as if you were never there. This not only takes the burden of cleaning away from you, but it also ensures that you leave on a good note and do not damage any business connections that you may need for the future.
Why Choose Kiwi Movers?
At Kiwi, we’re experts at what we do – we don’t just remove, we don’t just clean, and we don’t just store, instead, we provide complete removal, relocation, and storage solution that leaves our clients feeling satisfied and comfortable in every situation. Our processes are adaptable to your needs and we can be as involved or as removed as you need us to be – let us know what you need and we’ll make sure that’s what you get. Our team is vastly experienced, but is not solely made up of removals professionals; our team consists of strategists, critical thinkers, and problem solvers who are aiming to get your situation resolved in the most practical way possible, with no detail too big or too small to manage. Where most may say it can’t be done, we find a way to make it happen – that’s what separates us from your average removals company to one of London’s elite professional and domestic removals and storage specialists.
Contact our team today to see how you can make use of any of our professional services or storage solutions! We’ll be more than happy to chat and discuss your the job at hand, your expectations, and how our solutions can help to make that happen.